For any Limited Warranty claim, a valid Proof of Purchase is required. A valid Proof of Purchase is defined as one of the following:
- A dated sales receipt from an authorised Flare Audio Dealer or Reseller. The receipt must show the Product description and price.
- A dated official e-mail from an authorized online Flare Audio Dealer or Reseller confirming purchase and shipment of Product. The confirmation e-mail must show the Product description and price.
- An order number from the flareaudio.com website
Some examples of a non-valid Proof of Purchase are:
- The UPC bar code from the box.
- A picture of the actual product.
- A Certificate of Authenticity.
- Receipts from non-authorised Flare Audio Dealers.
- Cancelled cheques.
- Credit card statements.
*Flare Audio reserves the right to take any action to protect itself against all forms of suspicious claims, including, without limitation, requiring further verification of identity and details of the claimant and qualifying purchases as well as debarment of the claim.